Sunday, October 15, 2006

End of the episodes... sigh.

Well, today we watched the season finale (cliffhanger, of course) of Stargate Atlantis. Last night we watched the same for Stargate SG1. Sigh. I guess we'll have to watch the webisodes of Battlestar Galactica and be ready for the new season. One of these days we'll get cable or satellite and we won't have to borrow taped episodes from friends... or wait for the season to come out on DVD. The problem is finding a decent selection of US channels down here.

We also watched "Syriana" tonight. This is a movie we bought months ago, but hadn't gotten around to watching. I have to say, I hope the book was better to read than the movie was to watch. I like the actors involved, but I found the whole thing just a bit dysfunctional.

In the "library" of movies on hand we still have to watch:
Ultraviolet
Equilibrium
From Hell (had this one for a couple years, but haven't watched it yet for some reason)

Emily hasn't seen, but we have:
The Thing
Body Heat

I haven't seen, but Emily has:
Moulin Rouge

In the last few weeks, I've managed to re-watch the entire Lord of the Rings Extended Edition trilogy, Serenity, Dark City, and Swordfish. All but LOTR I watched with Spanish sub-titles, picking up the odd word or phrase here and there. I had forgotten how good Dark City was. I'm still not fond of Dr. Schreber's affectations and voice, but the movie is solid. Besides, how could any movie featuring Riff Raff be bad?

No comments: