Friday, December 15, 2006

Somewhere, a Hispanic comic is laughing....
NPR reported today that a company that builds fences, including between the US and Mexico, was busted for employing illegal immigrants, not once but twice. Now some of the company's bigwigs may see jail time.

Many months ago, back when I had Comedy Central in the States, I saw an episode of Mind of Mencia wherein he joked about who was going to build the proposed border fence. How predictable, that he should prove correct on this. I remember his joke about the inspection, "it looks good from this side. Wait, how are we getting back? Awwww....." (Picture guys on the Mexican side appreciating their handiwork, only to discover they're on the wrong side.)

(I freely admit that I may be quoting the wrong Hispanic comic, but I think it was Mencia.)

Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6626823

No comments: