Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving recovery
We had our first visitors over Thanksgiving: Emily's parents. We picked them up at the Monterrey airport the Sunday prior and I drove them back to the airport yesterday. In between we had a busy week. Luckily Emily did have a few days off (Monday was a Mexican holiday and Thursday was turkey day) and I put classes on hold for the week. We tried to hit the high-spots and give them a good overview of the city. I think we succeeded. At any rate, I think they left tired and we are exhausted. :-)

We also had another visitor during this time: Kodi, the dog of one of Emily's co-workers. Kodi is pretty sweet overall, getting old (they estimate 8-10 years), but not a good fit with our dog, Boots. What can I say? These two old bitches just can't seem to get along. Admittedly there was no blood, but after a week, they're not friends. Now we have a couple days of peace before Kodi comes back for a few more days. Perhaps they'll work it out, perhaps not. In the meantime, I'll be setting the Roomba loose to capture a fraction of the billions and billions of dog hairs floating through the house. I'll try to get a photo of Kodi to post later in the week.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

How long have you had Roomba? My in-laws got one but once the novelty wore off I don't think they used it again.

Trailing Male said...

Sorry for the delay in replying. We've had it for several years. It's honestly handier here than in our old house; it handles hard floors better than carpet, IMHO. Overall it's good for a low-effort, basic sweep of the floors.