Monday, March 05, 2007

Emily's off to Merida
I dropped Emily off at the airport this morning. She's headed out to Merida (down on the Yucatan) as part of the US presence for the upcoming Presidential visit. She probably won't see, let alone meet, any of the dignitaries, given the number of people involved and a no doubt busy schedule. I expect she'll work a lot, socialize very little, and take full advantage of the hotel room's bath tub.

(Apparently there was a study or news article here many years ago stating that tubs were less hygienic than showers. As a result, there are very few tubs in the housing pool here. Emily really misses her tub time.)

So, me and Boots have nearly two weeks alone, followed by one day with Emily, followed by another flight, this one back to visit her parents. I have lots of class work to do, several exams to take, and plenty of other things to keep me out of trouble. Still, it's going to be quiet for a while.

No comments: