Thursday, March 01, 2007


And you thought it was cold in the States!
I was cleaning up my computer desktop and came across this one; I'd forgotten all about it. There was something wrong with whatever weather site Google was using (wunderground.com, I think) on January 8, 2007. It's not quite as bad as the forecast discussed on NPR a while back. Apparently San Jose, CA, was set for a record low back in December: -30,000 F. Still, this was an eye-opener for someone enjoying the Mexican climate.

Meanwhile, it's in the mid-70s now, with a predicted high of 86 or so. The orange tree next door is starting to bloom (caught a whiff of it this morning) and one down the street is so fragrant you can smell it from up to half a block away. The doves must be starting to breed: it's a non-stop coo-fest from dawn to dusk, not that I mind. As long as I don't find lost chicks in the yard, like the robins back in VA every spring, I have nothing against the birdies.

Yesterday I mowed the grass and watered the lawn for the first time this year; the hedges and other plants are watered every other day or so, at least until we get some more rain. My hedges are completely out of control. I hope to get around to cutting them this weekend. I'll get some before-and-after shots and post them up.

No comments: