Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Emily and I have been practicing our Albanian vocabulary before bed most nights. I've learned a few words. Mostly I've learned just how painful the learning process will be, before we even get into all the compound tenses....

Saturday night Emily and I went to see "El Hombre de Hierro," otherwise known as Iron Man. I loved it! I liked the effects, enjoyed the sarcastic dialogue, and, what can I say, I'm a sucker for SciFi/Fantasy, which is the heart and soul of most comic books. Upon returning home, I immediately tried to find the soundtrack, but unfortunately they only seem to be selling the score.


I forgot to mention, I saw it in IMAX for less than six bucks. Gotta love that bit of Monterrey! Unfortunately that is my single complaint of the entire movie: the theater. The left side speakers faded in and out quite often, really detracting from the auditory experience of seeing any film in an IMAX theater. Even so, it was well worth it.

Spoiler alert:
my only complaint of the film itself was that Obadiah seemed to pick up the basics of suit function far too quickly for my liking. You could assume that maybe we didn't see all the training that Stark himself went through, but you can't make the same leap with Obadiah.

Rumor has it that if Iron Man does well, which by all accounts it's done very well, the studios are already looking into an Avengers movie. That could be fun.

Now, on to Prince Caspian, followed by the new Indiana Jones film (rumor has it it'll open in IMAX here, too!), and possibly The Incredible Hulk (sure hope they do a better job with this one than the last attempt in 2003) before we head back to the States. Unfortunately I won't be here for the IMAX screening of Batman: Dark Knight. Maybe I'll catch it at the Dulles IMAX.

No comments: