Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Woohoo!

With a tremendous sigh of relief, reportedly heard as far away as Nuevo Laredo, I completed two of my classes recently (Biology and Geography), having already wrapped up an Advanced Composition class earlier. I extended a Java class until mid-July; given pack-out preparations, I needed the extra time. As I told one professor, I should have either taken no classes or maybe just one this semester. I'm burning out. My old brain can't handle this college stuff! :-)

So, I have some additional Java programming to do in the next six weeks and one more exam, but other than that, I am done. Whew.

Now maybe I can get back to a more reasonable schedule, to include walking the dog (now that her broken toe is completely healed) and more exercise in general, not to mention sorting my books into several piles: going to Albania, going to storage, donating, and possibly shipped to my brother. I believe the "donation" pile will end up being the largest. Most of my much-read SciFI/Fantasy paperbacks either have to be donated or shipped to my brother. Given that I can't ship media mail from here, only Priority Mail, it would probably cost about $30 to ship 20 pounds of books. I could probably replace them at a used book store at that rate.

What I do know is going with me is my reference and writing section. I expect that section to slowly expand over the years. My few signed first editions will go to storage, as will some hardbacks. (If anyone knows of a website where I can buy professional/library archiving materials, let me know quick!) Many of the computer books that Emily and I brought will go away; they've become too dated at this point. I might pursue a couple certifications if time permits during Albanian.

No comments: